Predictive Prioritization: Data Science Lets You Focus on the 3% of Vulnerabilities Likely to Be Exploited
In 2017, 15,038 new CVEs were published, up from 9,837 in 2016. Last year, 16,500 new CVEs were disclosed. With vulnerabilities growing year after year – not to mention day after day – patching every potential threat to your business is a futile exercise. The need to prioritize is clear, but where to start, especially when CVSS categorizes the majority of vulnerabilities as high or critical?
Enter Predictive Prioritization – a new process of re-prioritizing vulnerabilities based on the probability they will be leveraged in a cyberattack. Predictive Prioritization uses a machine learning algorithm to identify the vulnerabilities with the highest likelihood of exploitability in the near-term future.
This technical whitepaper explains:
- How Predictive Prioritization makes smarter use of the CVSS framework
- How Predictive Prioritization works – including key principles guiding the threat model
- Why Predictive Prioritization’s dynamic scoring offers a key advantage over static CVSS
- Why Predictive Prioritization is more accurate than other remediation strategies
Take the first step in overcoming the vulnerability onslaught. Download “Predictive Prioritization: Data Science Lets You Focus on the 3% of Vulnerabilities Likely to Be Exploited” today.
- Predictive Prioritization